A Little Bio

Disclaimer: I'm not the best writer in the world. I'm not a professional of any sort. I'm a person starting out the second act of life. Slightly opinionated and may not be 100% accurate, but I'm not fake. 

Why is it the Second Act? I turned 50 last month and trying to turn my health around. During the First Act of life, I've been up and down the scales. In my 30's, I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure. At 44, diagnosed with depression and anxiety probably with adult ADD. IBS began to plague me with bouts that drained me and dropped up to 25 lbs. At 48, I was told I have a large blood clot in my leg and "substantial" clots in my lungs. 49, was the final straw with a diagnosis of diabetes.

In the First Act, I ate crap most of the time. Had times of clarity and tried to live and exercise better, only to slip and gain it all back. I thought people would be OK without me

For the Second Act, I have to take care of my wife with her own medical issues. Who will take care of her if I drop dead of a heart attack or die at 52 like my father of a stroke? What good am I to anyone I love, if I lose my feet or toes to diabetes? My loving wife would not be able to do so. I saw the stress and pain she faced while taking care of me for 2 weeks after forced to rest after my clot diagnosis.

Why am I blogging, I don't really know. Maybe because I had to give myself a pep talk after a holiday weekend(Thanksgiving) saw the scales and thought someone else could use the same.

If you read this far, thank you. If you're in the fight for your health as well, let's team up! If you're starting the Second Act of your life, let's live.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Football Fumbles